Beautiful saturday to check out a local farmers’ market!
From pinterest… it made me smile. Happy Saturday!
About Shift LocalInspired by national support local movements such as Project 3/50, Independent We Stand and Cash Mobs, high school sweethearts Marc and Mari aspire to unite the East Bay communities into creating a long-term shift from spending at national chains to supporting local businesses. We hope to challenge and engage others and ourselves in developing a collaborative environment where East Bay residents and local businesses can partner up to build strong local economies. Marc grew up in Alameda and San Leandro. A recent UC Berkeley graduate, Marc is an aspiring social entrepreneur with experience in real estate, property management and banking. He is an active member of the community serving as the Financial Secretary at First Christian Church of Alameda, volunteer at food banks and tutored children with Autism. Mari is a Hayward resident who grew up in San Leandro. Mari is also UC Berkeley graduate and is now a third-year law student at UC Hastings, College of the Law. Since middle school, Mari has taken on leadership roles in student government and associations and continues to be involved in the community through volunteering in legal clinics and outreaching to underprivileged students.
- Shift Local day in Oakland. fb.me/22w3SLpkR 1 week ago
- If you're planning to be in Alameda, California tomorrow and want something super fun to do, check out:... fb.me/1ur3wS0bg 1 week ago
- Corporations are avoiding US taxes by sheltering their income offshore but indie businesses don't have the same... fb.me/1UaVxmFeg 2 weeks ago
- RT @stacyfmitchell: Despite the hype, Walmart lags other chains, like McDonalds & Kohl's, on shifting to ... tmi.me/U2iHx 2 weeks ago
- Think outside the Big Box Retailers and support your local mom and pop shop today! (Picture not ours but reposted... fb.me/LOmrwS7o 2 weeks ago